Recipe Mac n Cheese
- Preparation time 15 min.
- Cooking time 20 min.
- Number of persons 2 adults
List of ingredients
- 1 cup of dry macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp yellow cheddar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Bacon chopped in pieces, to taste
- Green onions, to taste
- Popcorn chicken, to taste (6-8 pieces per serving)
- Prepare popcorn chicken according to package instructions.
- Cook marcaroni in salted water according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare cheese sauce : In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and continue to whisk and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Very slowly add the milk, a little at a time, whisking constantly. Once all the milk has been added, cook, stirring frequently until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the cheese, salt and garlic powder and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Add the cooked pasta and to the cheese sauce and mix well.
- Spoon into serving dishes and add the cooked popcon on top and enjoy!