Recipe Bacon dip
- Preparation time 10 min.
- Number of servings 500 ml
List of ingredients
- 1 pack of bacon
- 3/4 t. (180 ml) plain yogurt
- 1/4 t. (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) tomato paste or ketchup
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 5-6 drops of liquid smoke
- 1/3 t (85 ml) cream 15% (or more)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F.
- Place bacon slices side by side on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Put everything in the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Using a spatula, flip bacon slices and continue cooking for 5 to 10 minutes or until cooked-crisp.
- Rinse bacon slices on double layer of terry paper and set aside 2 tbsp. fat in a bowl.
- In the same bowl, add the yogurt, mayonnaise and tomato paste and beat until smooth.
- Chop the bacon finely and add it to the mixture. our.
- Stir in the green onion, liquid smoke and 15% cream, season with salt and pepper and macerate in the fridge for 1 h
- At the time of serving, if the dip is too dense, add 15% cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well between each addition, until a soft texture is obtained.
- For a more homogeneous texture, give some mixer kicks or pass the sauce directly to the mixer.