Recipe Carrot and almond dip
- Preparation time 15 min.
- Cooking time 10 min.
- Number of servings 500 ml
List of ingredients
- 2 medium carrots, cooked in salted water
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 C. (5 mL) powdered turmeric
- 1 C. (5 mL) crushed cumin
- 1 t. (250 ml) water
- 1/2 t. (125 mL) toasted almond sticks
- 1/4 t. (60 ml) sesame butter (tahini)
- 3 c. (45 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- Butter, for cooking
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the cooked carrots into pieces.
- Melt the butter in a heated stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat and brown the carrot sections until lightly browned.
- Add garlic and spices and continue cooking for 1 minute, season with salt and pepper, pour water, scrape bottom and remove from heat.
- Place the contents of the pan in the cup of a blender and pulse a few times.
- Add the almonds, sesame butter, lemon juice and olive oil and pulse again until smooth and supple, adding water as needed.