Hot dip, cheddar leek
- Preparation time 15 min.
Number of servings
List of ingredients
- 2 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 leek, cut into chiffonade
- 1 t. (250 ml) cream 15%
- 1/2 t. (125 ml) cream cheese, at room temperature Vegetable oil, for cooking
- 1 t. (250 mL) grated strong cheddar cheese
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 ° F.
- Heat a drizzle of vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat and cook the chopped bacon until it begins to color.
- Add the leek, lower the heat and continue cooking for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add cream and cream cheese and cook, stirring constantly, until cheese is completely melted.
- Add half of the cheddar, pepper generously and mix well.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheddar, bake and cook for 10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and begins to color.
- Serve hot, even on the baking dish.